Thursday, March 8, 2007

Please Steve, can we have some more?

As usual the recent update to iTunes installed like a breeze via Software Update. I love it that my Mac just works. I love it even more that Mac OS X software updates contain so much more than security bug fixes.

I was totally blown away by the new full screen Cover Flow mode. It is really well done and most of the standard playback keyboard shortcuts work. As we've all come to expect, it also works seamlessly with the Apple Remote. That is seriously cool.

Still, I can't seem to shake the feeling that 7.1 is a work in progress. There isn't proper integration with Front Row, and there isn't yet a way to access album track listings in this mode.

I can't wait for the release of Leopard, because it would be great to see a really polished version of iTunes including some of the features from my wish-list included in the next major release of Mac OS X.

No comments: